Why CoffeeLlamas Decaf Coffee?
by CoffeeLlama Mama
Coffee as we know is one of the most popular drinks in the world, with many turning to this caffeinated drink to get them through the day. Whether its the caffeine boost, or the possible health benefits, I think its pretty safe to say that coffee will continue to be enjoyed for many years to come.
Despite, it being one of the most consumed drinks in the world, there are many people who can't have caffeine and this is where DECAF coffee may be a good alternative.
Sensitivity to caffeine may have negative side effects such as:
- Increased heart rate
If you experience any of the above, this is where you may want to consider trying DECAF coffee but not without consulting your doctor of course, because DECAF coffee still contains small amounts of caffeine.
According to the USDA, coffee only needs to be 97% caffeine free to be considered to DECAF, which means that an average 12oz cup of caffeinated coffee that contains 180mg of caffeine, would now contain 5.4mg of caffeine. There are 4 main ways that coffee beans are decaffeinated. ALL of our DECAF beans are 100% organic and decaffeinated using the Swiss Water Process (SWP) ensuring that our beans are 99.9% caffeine free!
If you're looking for the healthiest and tastiest DECAF option, Swiss Water Process DECAF is the way to go as it also retains the health boosting antioxidants of coffee!
So let's cut to the chase...why would you want to try our DECAF coffee? Some reasons we have thought of are:
- Controlling your blood pressure
- Pregnancy- inclusive of prenatal, postpartum stages
- To avoid the caffeine sensitivity effects
- Being more health conscious
- Reducing chronic heartburn and acid reflux flare ups
The amazing health benefits of DECAF coffee are:
- May help lower your risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- Improve sleep and lower anxiety
- Contains the same antioxidants in regular coffee (keep roasts light to medium to retain antioxidants)
- Lower in acidity (keep roasts medium to dark to maintain lower acidity and a fine grind)
- May lower your risk of fatal cardiovascular diseases
In closing, I'd say there are many reasons one should consider switching to DECAF, especially if an individual is prone to any of the afore-mentioned. Even for those who aren't caffeine sensitive, DECAF coffee is a great caffeine alternative for an afternoon drink and night caps!
Now with the above, goodluck on deciding which of our DECAFs to try! They're all exceptional!